Today we have updated the order form in prosys for our trade customers. We now have some more flexible shipping options.
There are 2 main changes.
Automatic pricing for exotic destinations
Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight.
The order form will now correctly price shipments to all of the above destinations on APC, DPD and Parcelforce.
If you have a larger consignment going to these destinations, then it is worth giving our sales office call to check if we can get a better quote.
We now offer DPD as an alternative shipping option.
We have used APC as our primary UK courier for many years. They offer a really good service and good systems integration.
But we had some customers who wanted an alternative option.
– an SMS with a 1 hour delivery window
– Competitive prices to Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Isle of Man on a 2 day service.
– More detailed online tracking.
Things to note:
1) Cut off for DPD is 3pm. APC is 5pm.
2) DPD not so price competitive on larger shipments.