Did you know there are two parts to Snom version 7 firmware?
1. Main application (with a version code like 7.3.14)
2. The bootloader (with a version code like 1.1.3-s)
Most Snom users keep their application up-to-date but the bootloader is often neglected.
How to Check:
- Web browse to your Snom phone
- Click onto `System Information`
- View your bootloader version
- 1.1.3-s is OK
- 1.1.3-m or older needs an upgrade
If no bootloader version is shown, your bootloader is archaic! It would be best to upgrade.
Old Bootloader Symptoms:
- Headsets not properly detected
- Extension keyboards not properly detected
- Phones may not boot up when headsets or extension keyboards are connected
- Snom300’s may show strange characters on screen during bootup
How to upgrade:
If your Snom phones are managed by ProVu, then we can carry out these changes through our provisioning server – please just ask us!
Otherwise, you need to load a firmware image containing a bootloader.