Over recent days, having tested a German variant DX800A purchased from two of the Amazon UK German traders I have discovered the following:
- Fixed line is only configured for ISDN, major issue for most UK users unless they are connecting to ISDN.
- Outbound call “line” Selection differs: when you make a call using UK variant you can select from DX800/IP line (if set up), Fixed Line (PSTN) & Mobile. For German variant you can only select ISDN, IP & Mobile. I looked through the Web UI and can find no option to enable the PSTN.
- German language menu settings as default (we know about this already and can be changed in the menu).
- German language for answering machine voice option prompts which cannot be changed. This makes the answering machine completely unusable to anyone that doesn’t speak German.
- Gigaset.Net doesn’t and can’t be used for outbound calling (refer to point 2, need to call via the DX800A which isn’t offered as a connection path).
- German PSUs.
- German language UG.
The UK version of the Gigaset DX800A is only available to Gigaset Pro Authorised and Certified resellers.